Professional resume design – career summary.
Design project: Complete resume to visualize career
Short design brief from client:
I need a complete resume design on a few pages.
Created high quality resume for a company with turn round – ~3 days.
If you need a resume or infographics designed for your company our studio can help.
Responsibilities included leading a team of over 400 professionals with a primary role for all Information Technology support for the Western Region as well as broad nationwide responsibilities.
$12 Billion in Revenue (Western Region), 16,000 Employees in the West, with nearly 18 Million Customers; 550 Retail Stores, 6 Call Centers, and 15 Employee Campuses.
- 400 person IT Organization
- Assisted Business sales teams in promoting and selling wireless data solutions across fortune 500 companies in our Area and presenting in numerous venues
- Systems included Billing, Customer Care, Point of Sale, Provisioning, Desktop Support, Help Desk and Business Intelligence reporting
- Availability targets were continuously exceeded over 99.99% using complex architectural solutions for multi-site management with open systems and mainframe solutions
- Lead by example with all new technology solutions offered through our product line ensuring that we supported all wireless products not just a specified standard
- Managed all data recovery and disaster management for the Area including leading an effort to remove a third party solution SunGuard and instead leverage our own multiple data centers
- Implemented and supported our company self-care solution and drove adoption rates that beat expectations by nearly 600%
- Participated in all operational reviews of the regional presidents teams and customer care organization, including the national Customer Care teams and Marketing organization
- Helped drive a culture of customer focused accountability through training sessions and guided discussions across the West Area
- Built and deployed an integrated contacts management system that was available to all our company customers which provided net backup to Self Care
- Managed budgets to ensure we kept within the 1.7% spend guidelines for I.T. as a percent of revenue
- Drove a thin client PC change out to Sun Rays, that received rave reviews for energy savings, improved flexibility of employee usage and increased security that tied together physical and information security with Java Smart Card technology.
In addition to my Western regional responsibilities, I also had nationwide responsibilities across all our company for:
online channel, a $2 Billion business channel
- B2B Electronic Commerce, for over 80,000 business customers
- Prepaid Systems Support for almost 3 million prepaid customers
- CoreMetrics management of all online intelligence as well as experience management with tools like Quests Experience Viewer
- Implemented company wide Mobile Single Sign-On solution for all 65 Million customers leveraging Sun’s Identity Management solution spanning handsets and web, across internal and externally managed applications
- Mobile enabled access system leveraging Cognos Reporting solution providing real time reporting metrics to the business leaders
- Built online CRM solution for flyer and contract generation leveraging advanced Adobe technology solutions
- Implemented a waterfall development lifecycle in the online space that allowed us to execute releases weekly for functionality, and twice a week for campaigns and content which was key to sales growth
- Drove online automation of orders and care functionality to above 94% resulting in productivity savings in excess of 1 Billion annually in care and support expenses
- Implemented a new online architecture in less than 90 days in support of our new video launch that was conveniently synchronized with a Super Bowl advertising blitz in 2005
- Supported mobile catalog and pricing tools that integrated our revenue engines with the BREW platform for handset applications
- Executed customer adoption strategies that achieved over 55% of all customers enrolled and using our self service solutions
- Managed the Oracle, Sun, BEA and Quest Software vendor relationships nationwide including scorecard reporting, support management and spend analysis
- Managed relationship across all mobile platform solutions to ensure SLA and availability solutions were frequently tested and validated to meet our standards for both speed and performance but also 99.99% availability.
Executive Director Accomplishments:
Built and consolidated PeopleSoft ERP for all Joint Venture business entities, from GEAC, SAP, Oracle Applications including Financials, Human Resources, Inventory and Engineering in 18 months. Pre-close activities were consolidated to three days and post close were only four days
- Managed and lead technology change in my ERP team of almost 200 people as we moved platforms while driving change throughout a newly combined business across the former GTE Wireless, Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile, AirTouch PCSPrimeco and select Alltel markets
- Implemented several ERP enhancements including online receipts and expense management, accounts payable invoice management, enterprise wide wireless inventory management of engineering components and P-Card management solutions
- Spearheaded the changes required for the West Area business leadership as consolidations of business systems were effecting the way business was done in the 6 sales regions and throughout customer care, finance and marketing
- Consolidated Area down to one billing system, one customer care system, one provisioning and one point of sale system
Reported to Executive Director of Applications Engineering.
My responsibilities included supporting initiatives set forward by the Chief Financial Officer.
Drove Oracle ERP consolidations across several acquisitions nationally including US West Cellular, AirTouch, CCI/NewPar properties and our International Ventures
- Lead efforts in creating our state of the art shared service center in Folsom California that assumed responsibility for all back office processes including managing the change aspects across our business units and removing elements of autonomy that had once been appreciated as privileges of their de-centralized roles
- Created leadership in the ERP space with self-service enabled processes that drove the value proposition to exceed our goals set forward by all initial business cases
- At a time when numerous ERP implementations were failing we were able to manage our implementation in IT without the assistance of any of the big six firms in the area of development or system engineering
- Implemented new project management solutions that enabled for disbursed teams to collaborate in ways previously unavailable
- Scope and scale of responsibilities included about 1,400 users and the entire employee population of almost 18,000 employees
- Designed manufacturing solutions using bill of materials, materials resource planning, and inventory that revamped our whole cell site build process using just in time delivery principles avoiding costly warehousing of expensive radio and antennae gear
- Leveraged inventory management solution to drive down excessive handset shrinkage and costs write downs resulting in over $25 million annually in savings
- Built out a fully integrated HRMS solution that drastically improved our reach of support services for education, payroll and benefit management online solutions including integration with Ceridian and Hewitt & Associates
- Grew the ERP support organization from 4 to 45-person team at its peak when merger with our company occurred
- Introduced new Application Server architecture and J2EE development approach into the entire development organization
- Worked regularly with regional and business unit leadership through the change processes enabled by ERP and participated frequently in their leadership team meetings as their liaison from IT
- Implemented new Architecture teams within the development organization that expanded our control and experience with database management and UNIX administration
In this role, I initially reported the Chief Financial Officer and then later to the Chief Information Officer.
As a quickly growing industry and regional wireless solutions provider I had many diverse responsibilities.
Implemented our first help desk management solution on Remedy and introduced the first relational database management solution in our organization
- Drove our migration from VMS to a TCP/IP open systems solution
- Implemented the industries first ERP solution on Oracle Applications, including Financials, and HRMS
- Created the first of its kind fraud loss reclamation system that accomplished net settlement solutions across the carriers, saving our company millions a month prior to the digital rollout
- Designed and built an archival and reporting solution that took Focus reports from an outsourced mainframe billing solution and established a whole new revenue reporting process for the company resulting in many days savings in close process
- Personally brought company into a buying consortium lead by US West that was combining the buying power of several companies in purchase agreements with major telecommunications and IT suppliers, and I later lead the IT efforts of this consortium